Beyond the well established essential Vitamins, Minerals, Proteins-Amino Acids and Water, there is a growing list of nutrients that provide health support and enhancement roles in your body's nutritional menu. As science advances, these nutrients move from rumor/legend status to accepted, proven tools to treat and prevent disease. Some of the nutrients we've included have already achieved wide acceptance in the health and fitness field. For many of our Other Nutrients, the jury is still out as to their effectiveness but initial evidence suggests they may contribute significantly to your health and fitness goals. As new information becomes available, we'll be adding pages to this list.
Alpha Lipoic Acid Benefits
Beta Carotene What Is It
Chondroitin-Does It Work
Dietary Boron Used For?
Glucosamine Side Effects
Lutein Side Effects
Omega 3 Benefits
While finding a good multi-vitamin-mineral supplement is
fairly easy, other nutrients aren't that simple. The more unique and rare,
the less visibility and control there is over quality and potency.
To make sure you're getting what you want and what you need, follow a few steps:
1. Know the reason you plan on using the nutrient.
2. Learn the benefits, side effects and interactions of the nutrient (see individual nutrients above).
3. Be familiar with other vitamins, minerals, herbs and medicine you're taking.
4. Seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or herbalist.
5. Find suppliers with referrals from people you trust.
6. Choose large, well-known manufacturers.
7. Read label and all manufacturer information and ask questions until you're satisfied you'll be receiving a pure product.
8. Never take something just because you heard it was good for you.
9. Once you're happy with a certain formula, don't switch and assume everything will be the same.
If you're looking to nutrition for health and fitness, you probably want a healthy life...not just body or looks...but mind, body and spirit. You can renew your mind and spirit with God's help. He can heal the stuff your diet doesn't control. If you want His help, go to Healing From God.
6 Basic Nutrients Groups
Buying Low Fat Foods
Calories In Food List
Dangers Of Trans Fat
In Defense Of Food
List Of High Fiber Foods
Low Fat High Flavor Tips
Low Fat Restaurant Food
Low Sodium Foods
Minerals Good For Body
Vitamin Benefits List
What Is Diet?
Why Nutrition Important?